This is an intermediate to advanced class for learning those more advanced techniques that you have seen and admired, but have not quite felt like you could tackle.
To attend this class, you MUST have a good grasp of basic to intermediate quilting techniques, a consistent 1/4" seam allowance, proper construction and pressing techniques, and be able to do straight-line piecing with ease (strips, half square triangles, etc.)
We will cover the following techniques on a rotating basis, some using time-honored techniques, others with a little twist using modern technology:
- Needle turn applique
- Dresden Plates (construction and hand applique)
- Curved Piecing
- Celtic Quilting-June 2017
- Advanced Foundation Piecing
- New York Beauty
- Blazing Star Template Work
- English Paper Piecing
- Mariner's Compass with a new Technique - May 2017
- Using EQ to design your own block
All blocks can be coordinated and pieced into a quilt (setting provided), or pieces can be used individually for wall hangings, pillows...whatever you want!